Travel

18 January 2015

My Favourite TV Series

Now that its officially the awards season, from People's Choice Award, Critics' Choice Awards, Golden Globes to Oscars for the year. So, it is only customary that I announce my list of favourite TV shows and movies (Top fav movies coming up soon in another post). I have once mocked people when they go crazy about TV Series. But having been introduced to this world by my friend, I am no more that girl. I am crazy about certain series. Here is a list of shows that are my favourites**. Let's begin with comedy series... 

Source: Wikipedia
F.R.I.E.N.D.S - Undoubtedly the best. Though I watched it recently, I instantly fell in love with the characters. Chandler & Monica are my favourites. Aww, they are a cute couple. All seasons of Friends were marathon runs. I couldn't stop myself from watching. I would watch recap of any episode any day. I really felt sad when the show ended. How I wish there would be a renewal of the series!! If wishes were only horses.... 

Big Bang Theory - The series quickly dispelled my initial apprehension about it being geeky/nerdy. It is totally hilarious and I have cried out of laughing too hard while watching many of its episodes (even the re-telecasted ones). It picked up pace every season and I am happy to see a group of talented actors leading the show, from Jim Parsons, Johnny and others. Sheldon is my favourite. Let's see what this season is all about. 


Moving on to Teen Drama... 
Source: Wikipedia
Gossip Girl - I must say, this series taught me more life lessons than anybody else. The first teen drama I had ever seen. Though it kind of sucked towards the end, I enjoyed the show when the going was good. Blair, Serena, Nate, Chuck and even Dan - ensemble was perfectly matched. It had everything from living in upper east side of New york, fashion, love, revenge, power and mainly relationships. 


Source: Wikipedia
Pretty Little Liars - Loosely adapted from a novel, the initial 2-3 seasons were so thrilling, it was a PLL Marathon. Four cute girls and a sinister "A" threatening to destroy their lives is a nice plot. Many "A"s have come and gone, but the series still goes on. Though this slightly bugs me, I am hoping this season would shed more light on past events. Fingers crossed. 

Next category is Dramatic series...

Downton Abbey - I have a thing for these historic/war/biographic/real life events based movies and when it comes with an English accent, who can resist such a temptation?? An account of British Royals set in the early 1920s, it follows Lord Grantham's family and household staff through the change of times. The series has had both ups and downs. Nevertheless, I am a fan sincerely hoping the coming season would be better like the initial seasons. 

Source: Wikipedia
Sherlock - Just two words come to my mind or one name - Benedict Cumberbatch. An adaptation of Sir Conan Doyle's novels, the series follows Sherlock's adventures in modern day London. It is racy, thrilling almost like a movie. Only complaint I have is, they release only three episodes per year :( Cumberbatch and Freeman are perfectly cast and I am eagerly waiting for a new season this January. 

Other categories (currently, both are related to Food) 
Source: Wikipedia
Masterchef Australia - The show which inspired me to cook. This is like the greatest achievement ever. If I am trying a few dishes, it is only because of this show. I love watching in on TV every night and enjoy all the recaps too. Food the contestants put up is simply stunning. Judges are very supportive and encourage unlike their US counterparts.  

Source: Wikipedia

Great British Bake off - With legends Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood judging the bakes, watching home bakers excel in baking is like a wow moment. Since I love to bake (though I haven't done much), watching this show keeps my passion alive. 

List of TV series that I watched is so exhaustive. To name a few, I have watched Castle, White Collar, Burn Notice, Supernatural, Two and a half men, Greys Anatomy, How I met your mother, Desperate Housewives, House M.D. All of them have kept me entertained in one way or the other. The reason why they didn't make to my list is, at some point, I would have lost interest in them. 

Do you have any favourite TV series? 

** Disclaimer - This is my personal opinion and I never meant to hurt anybody's sentiments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment