Travel

20 December 2014

Ristoranti Italiani in Chennai

I am not sure how I came to like Italian cuisine, me being a self-professed fan of this style of cooking and all. But, I simply love it!! As this post's title suggests, its all about Italian Restaurants I have been to in Chennai. The list isn't big as of now, but I intend to make it huge (Concerned person, please note :P). I will also update here if I try any other new restaurant. 

First, is my favourite one, Little Italy - in Nungambakkam. As I write this post, I realise it was exactly an year ago that we had dined there. The menu was so elaborate and we were spoilt for choice.
Finally, we decided on mocktails, a Bruschetta (the sun-dried tomatoes and olives were simply wow!), Cheese Fondue, a pizza, a ravioli creamy pasta. The Cheese Fondue was a heavenly bliss in the form of melted cheese with italian herbs, croutons & vegetables. Unfortunately, we were so busy eating, we hardly took any photos. The ambience was okay, rates were on the higher end, but hey! who cares? The food was delicious.


Little Italy - Nungambakkam

Second restaurant is also situated in Nungambakkam, Tuscana Pizzeria. Here also we ordered a Bruschetta, a mushroom starters (don't remember the name), a pizza, a pasta (pasta wasn't that great), tiramisu and panna cotta. Panna Cotta was instantly famous in our group, and we ended up ordering another one. It was just the right consistency with perfect balance of flavours. Tuscana has a good ambience - well spaced seats, wall hangings with pictures supposedly depicting the famous Tuscany landscape & life.

Tuscana Pizzeria - Nungambakkam

Third one is Spaghetti Kitchen in Phoenix Mall, Velachery. We ordered a Bruschetta (again, I know!), a few other starters and a pizza. The entire dinner went in a blur, since I had to attend an office meeting over phone and I ended up talking more rather than eating. All I had was a few cold leftovers and a pizza. The establishment was modern and the food was decent. 

There are a few more restaurants on my wish list like Pasta Bar Veneto, Basil, Bella Ciao etc... Soon, I hope to go there (again, concerned person, please note :P) 


No comments:

Post a Comment